Snow Driving Tips:
It’s that time of year again. As the snow starts to fall, it’s time to remember some important tips for driving in the snow with our Snow Driving Tips!
- Make sure to leave plenty of room between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you. Some experts suggest leaving at least 3X more space than you normally do in dry weather.
- Turn on your lights, even during the day.
- Watch out for overpasses, bridges, ramps, and other elevated roadways that can get icy even when temperatures are above freezing.
- Run your A/C if your windshield develops condensation.
- Know your brakes,and brake early. Experts suggest that the best way to brake in the snow if your vehicle is equipped with ABS is to use smooth, steady pressure on the brake.
- Do not use cruise control in snowy and icy weather.
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly.
- Don’t make the mistake of thinking your 4WD SUV gives you an advantage in the snow. 4WD can help your vehicle power through tough conditions but it does not help your vehicle stop any better in the snow or ice.
- Make sure you keep all of your windows and windshield clear of snow, ice, and any other debris that may obstruct your views.
- Most important, SLOW DOWN!! Don’s get stuck like this!